How to Cleanse Your Home of Negative Energy
There are many ways to cleanse your home of negative energy that might linger when you first move into a location or when events take place in your home that are less than pleasant. This could be as simple as having pent up tension and arguments in your house or when the energy in your house is heave and dragging you down for any reason.
A simple and effective way to lift the "mood" of your house is to burn incense and light some blue, green, or white candles to get positive energy flowing in your home. Good incense scents for neutralizing or lifting the "spirits" of your home are:
- African Violet - African Violet promotes Protection & Safety on a Spiritual Level
- Anise - Anise brings good luck and is said to drive away negative spirits and energies that might linger in your location.
- Apple - Apple is actually used to help heal. If you have had a recent rift in your home, this should help life the mood.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon helps to protect you and stimulates your psychic sensitivity. Its a powerful aphrodisiac, too.
- Cloves - Cloves are used to drive away negative energies and harmful spirits.
- Sage - Sage drives out negative energies, spirits, and drives out negative influences that can make a situation worse.
- Eucalyptus - Eucalyptus has healing properties for the mind, heart, and spirit.
- Frankincense & Myrrh - Frankincense & Myrrh offers protection from that which might harm you and purifies a space.
- Lavender - Lavender is used for love healing. Its a great scent to use when saying goodbye to clear the air of negativity.
- Peppermint - Peppermint helps clear negative energy & facilitates growth & healing & provides a measure of protection.
- Saffron & Sandalwood - Saffron/Sandalwood, used together or alone, provide protection and opening of your third eye.
- Sweet-grass - Sweet-grass helps clear a space of negative energy and influences and attracts positive energy.
- Rosemary - Rosemary helps bring healing and sends out vibrations that will purify a space of lingering energies.
You can chant or speak while you are purifying your space and cleansing it of negative energy or say nothing at all, thinking positive thoughts and how much you want the negativity to leave and for positive, healthy energy to flow within. Think beautiful, harmonious thoughts, of how you want things to be. Think about the safety and security you want to feel in your own space.
- Open all your windows and if you can, your doors.
- Put on a fan if you want, too, to get things flowing.
- I recently used Sage in a cleansing ritual in my home, but use the herb(s) you need to get your desired result.
- Light your incense or herb(s) in a container or hold the herb(s), if you can, waving its smoky vapors around, asking the negative energy or entity to leave and never return.
- You might have to repeat this ritual over a period until it feels calm, relaxed, and safe in your home.
- When you feel the heaviness and negativity is gone, you can then salt your doorways and windows, if you wish with sea salt to keep the bad energy, people, or entities out so they can't come back.
- You may have to repeat your salting purification ritual if you see negativity trying to reenter your life or home.